Thursday, February 5, 2015

Stand in the Rain

On the way home from work this afternoon it was starting to snow/sleet and it was around the time it starts to get busy with people picking up kids from school so there was a bit of a backup on my 2 mile commute due to having to wait 4 times as long to get through the light just before the entrance to my apt complex...but it meant I got to hear this song by Superchick, which I've always liked...I turned my volume up to 18--the loudest I've had it to date and the window was closed and I was barely moving so it wasn't due to noise from traveling ;) I loved the feel of the base vibrating throughout the car and myself :) anyway, it's the words from the middle verse in particular that hit home for me....

She won't make a sound
Alone in this fight with herself and the fears whispering if she stands she'll fall down
She wants to be found
The only way out is through everything she's running from wants to give up and lie down.

No comments: